Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blog Post # 13

So for this week's blog assignment we were supposed to go 24 hours without technology. I can't even say that this was a successful task.After not being able to go without my cell phone, I decided I would just try not to check my Facebook account. Well before I could even give it a second thought, I ended up checking it. I communicate with co-workers, classmates, and family members everyday through my cell phone, Facebook, and emails. There are lots of people that rely on me and I have so many obligations that it's hard to not use technology. I am a student, an employee, and the oldest child in a city with little family. Therefore, my daily responsibilities never have a stopping point. Most of my classes this semester require me to use the internet for homework and assignments. Being that I have to actually work to pay for school and my bills, my job and billing companies contact me through email. I can honestly say that people in this day and age greatly depend on technology. It was really an eye opener for me to see that I could not stop the use of technology, for even a whole day. Everyone that I know, uses technology on a daily basis. It's lurking around every corner and it's almost as natural as breathing. Technology is important and I've learned through this assignment that it's something that I cannot avoid.

1 comment:

  1. You will soon have students even more committed to (or should I say addicted to) technology. Are you prepared to be their teacher? Can you teach without technology? How and what will you technology in your classroom? How will you use your student's technology for educational purposes?

    ReplyDelete