Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blog Post # 12

1.) Watch the video iPad in Literacy: Using iPad in the Classroom. In two paragraphs, tell me your thoughts about the video and how you think using the iPad to promote literacy would work in the classroom. Follow the requirements in Writing A Quality Blog Post. 2.)After watching the video, tell me how you would use technology in your classroom. Follow the requirements in Writing A Quality Blog Post.
1.) I absolutely loved this videoThe video shows how the kids, themselves, actually feel about learning with the iPad. They seem so enthusiastic about the iPad and all of the things that the application teaches them. using the iPad to learn how to read and spell words is a great idea because it's hands on and most kids need something that's audible and visual. One of my favorite things in the video is the fact the students were helping each other learn and that is a great thing. From the little experience I've had working with children, I've seen that they feel good about themselves and learning when they are able to be interactive. The iPad, in my opinion, can be used with all subjects because again , it gives kids the opportunity to teach themselves and feel a sense of accomplishment. I mean, just from watching this video you can see how much the children actually enjoy it. As a future educator, I want my students to feel as if they are bringing something to the table by interacting with tools such as the iPad, instead of feeling that learning is a chore. These days you can do almost anything with technology, and the iPad in particular is one of the greatest learning devices. 2.) In the future, I plan on using the iPad and blogs in my classroom. These two forms of technology are my favorite types of learning tools. Before entering EDM 310, I planned on being the old fashioned teacher who taught students strictly from the book and the "board." This class has taught me the importance of implementing different types of technology in the classroom. Blogging will be a great way for my students interact with each other and other teachers, to share ideas and peer reviews and critiques. Also it will open up a medium for parents to be able to see what their children are doing in school. In addition to blogging, the iPad will be a resourceful tool because, as a future elementary school teacher, young kids can be hands on with their learning and can be helpful in teaching one another different things like reading and writing.

2 comments:

  1. Kiala, I enjoyed the video about iPad literacy in the classroom. The kids were wonderful and they looked as if they really had fun making the video and sharing how much they love technology. I think computers in the classroom actually help the students improve drastically because they are wanting to learn and working together to help each other.
    I definitely want to incorporate technology in my classroom but I am still unsure on what I would use. It is one thing to say you want to use technology but providing it for your students could also be another difficult task. Not every school can supply computers or even an iPad. If my class is lucky enough to have the access to technology I want them to be able to use them as much as possible. I will make sure I can find great lessons and games for them to learn from and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiala,

    While not revolutionary in topic, I think this was a nice attempt. iPads are great tools for the classroom, as Anthony knows very well from working with students at St. Elmo's, and with schools in the area getting technology in the hands of every child, I think that finding ways to include those technologies in the lessons is paramount. However, your image doesn't seem to have been done correctly; the alt tag isn't showing up.

    Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete