Sunday, April 15, 2012

Blog Post # 11

Watching the video, Skype Interview with Ms.Cassidy was interesting! She talks about how the use of technology in the classroom benefits her students' learning. I agree with her. I like the fact that she incorporates blogging into her class. This is one technique that I enjoy now and I think kids would definitely enjoy it. Blogging helps you be able to share your ideas with other teachers and students around the world. In regards to children blogging, it's a great way for their parents to be able to look at their work and see what they're doing in school. It's also fun for the students. I've learned more about the importance of technology in the classroom, with all of the different videos we've watched in this class. Though, I will not solely rely on this to educate my students, I think blogging would be an important part of their learning.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kiala,
    I noticed your picture did not have a title modifier. You may want to ask the lab for some assistance if you need help adding those. I also think you could change your link so it would take you directly to the Skype interviews. You could use the actual blog post or YouTube link for the Skype interview. I think this might be easier for readers to access. Mrs. Cassidy has a great message that all education majors and teachers could benefit from.
    Blogging is a great way to collaborate with others from around the world. I have also enjoyed blogging this semester and look forward to having a classroom blog. I agree with you and Mrs. Cassidy, being able to post on a blog gives parents opportunities to see how their child is progressing throughout the year. One thing that I like in particular about blogging, it allows the students to receive immediate feedback which gives students motivation and encouragement to post more on their blogs. The Skype interview with Mrs. Cassidy was great and it is so inspiring to see a teacher take the initiative and want to incorporate technology into the curriculum.
    Keep on blogging.

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kiala,
    In terms of a peer review, I have to agree with Cassie about your links and modifiers. Other than that, I thought you had a well written post. It was very concise and to the point. I really appreciate that. I must say that I have found a new appreciation for blogging too. I think blogging can be a great implementation in my future classroom as well. What other types of things do you plan to use in your classroom to facilitate learning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kiala,

    I see that some EDM310ers have already pointed some things out so I'm not going to jump on that bandwagon. :) I really enjoy blogging as well and it was partly because of this class that I am so involved in the blogging world. It's part of my plan to include regular blog posting session in my future English classroom and I'm glad to see that you seem to like blogging too.

    ReplyDelete