Thursday, March 29, 2012

C4T #3

My teacher for this week's name is Jenna Bentley. The name of the blog is Perception is the Key to Survival. This blog began by asking the question," Is the glass half empty or half full?" In this nlog Jenna talks abvout how Pi in the The life of Pi views life. Pi relied greatly on his devotion to religion when it came to the destiny of his life and survival. he depended on only the things around him to survive, with the beliefs that God would control his fate. The closer he got to his death, the more he held on to his beliefs while stranded on the life raft. At one point Pi mentally gave up on his devotion and was given another chance at life because he had been so dedicated. The point of Jenna telling about Pi, was to encourage people that even though times get tough, you should keep on going and never give up on yourself. Jenna ends this blog by saying" everything will be ok." My response to Jenna's blog was:

Hi!
My name is Kiala Burnette and I am a student in the University of South Alabama's EDM 310 class. This class teaches us how to blog and how technology can affect the classroom. I enjoyed reading your blog this week. I, too agree that even though things in life may get hard sometimes, we should always try and look past the bad and continue to move forward. Pi's journey is very inspiring. To know that someone continued to hold on to their beliefs even though they were facing death, deserves the up-most admiration. That story is encouraging and a true life lesson.





The next post that I commented, by my teacher, is called Recipe for Defeating Fear. In this blog Jenna again refers to Pi Patel to show how he defeats fear of all things around him. The blog then lists two steps that one can take in order to defeat fear. Step one is "coming to terms" with your fear. Pi did so by realizing that no one would come to rescue him from the lifeboat in the middle of the ocean. Step two is "taking action." In the book Pi does this by deciding that if he is stuck on his lifeboat then he must do whatever it takes to survive. He does so by killing to feed himself and fighting beats. His will to survive was strong enough to keep him alive and weaken his fear. The point I feel Jenna was trying to make with this blog post was that, we all have fear, but it is up to is to take action and overcome our fear by any means necessary. My comment to her post was:


Hi!
This blog post post really hit home with me. I let a lot of things go by because I allow fear to hold me back. I completely agree that fear can defeat life and the only way to overcome it is to come to terms with it and take action. The comparison, again, to Pi's journey was really good. You made your point very well. I can't wait to read more posts from you!
Sincerely,
Kiala







The last post from my teacher is titled, Just Believe. In it she talks about religion. This blog was just another one of her well-written blogs that challenged my thinking and forced me to consider things that I never I have never considered. Basically, this blog talks about how people of all different beliefs and religions all rely on the concept of "believing," because they need something to believe in to help them escape from reality. If you think about it, it's true. I mean I am a Christian and I believe in a certain set of values and beliefs, but I can agree that everyone relies on an outside source to be able to handle their own lives and circumstances. Even if we don't believe in the same God, we still all stand for some type of beliefs or follow some set of guidelines to go by in our lives. But the question is,"Why do we need to believe in something?" I guess the answer is just the simple quote at the end of her blog. "Because hope is our raft, and despite what it is made out of, without it we would all drown."










Wow!
This is just another blog that makes me think. All of your blogs are really challenging to the mind and insightful. I like to think of myself as a Christian and I am pretty faithful to my beliefs. However, I can totally understand what your saying, because if you think about it hard enough, it's all true. People do need something to believe in to escape from their realities. I can't wait to read more from you because these blogs make me go into depth with my thoughts and force me to think about the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment