Friday, March 2, 2012

C4K for February

C4K #1:
This blog was written by an 8th grader named Marissa. She wrote a very creative short piece for a setting of a story. My response to her was:

Hi Marissa!
I really enjoyed the piece you wrote for a setting of a story. You are really creative and have a great imagination. I would look forward to reading stories from you in the future if you were to continue writing. Keep up the good work!

C4K #2:
My student,Axford, wrote about his hobbies which included playing his DS and Wii game system. He also talked about his favorite movies. My response was:

Hello!
I enjoyed reading about your hobbies. I have a little sister who also loves to play her DS and Wii games. She has more games than I can count. I sometimes like to play with her. My favorite Wii game is Michael Jackson:The Experience.


C4K #3:
My student this week's name was Quincy. He wrote a blog called New Orleans Skyping. In it, he wrote about the things he learned from skyping another student in New Orleans. The student taught him the meanings of the colors purple (Justice), green (Faith), and gold (Power). She also taught him about Mardi Gras and the traditions that go along with it, such as the king cake. My response to him was:

Wow Quincy!
I really enjoyed reading about the things you’ve learned about New Orleans. I was born there, but now I live in Alabama. We celebrate Mardi Gras here as well. Last week was Mardi Gras and I went to New Orleans to celebrate it. I celebrated in my hometown too. It was really fun and I caught all types of cool things. Hopefully one day you’ll be able to attend a Mardi Gras parade. You taught me things that I never knew. I have always wondered what the baby in the King cake was and what Fleur de Lis meant. Thank you for teaching me something new!

C4K #4:
My student wrote a blog this week called "Dana the Dingo." Her blog name was puppylover. My guess is she really likes dogs because her story was about different dogs, in which she gave names too. My response to the blog was:

Hi! My name is Kiala Burnette and I am a student in a class called EDM 310, at the University of South Alabama. In my class, we learn how to blog. I really enjoyed your blog. It was really cool how you named the dogs. Your story seemed as if it was going to be a great one. Keep up the good work!

1 comment:

  1. Well done. Ineresting, especially the meanings of the colors for Mardi Gras.

    ReplyDelete